Why APT Still Matters?
With the help of our amazing Cochise families, we were able to raise $352,644 (gross) in the 2022-23 school year.
We have allocated $95,000 toward Instructional, Kindergarten and Response to Intervention (RTI) Aide salaries for the 2023-24 school year.
In April, we asked all teachers and staff to complete a “Teacher Wish List” form. No restrictions were given. We received approximately $46,000 in requests….and we filled all of them!
Below are just a few of the teacher wish list items, as we can’t list every book, wall map, teaching material or classroom supply.
- New Piano, Portable Speakers plus Mixer & Wooden Mallet Instruments for Music
- Five (5) iPads Per 5th Grade Class w/ Charging Stations, Wireless Microphones
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for Cafeteria (2nd for Campus)
- 2023 End of Year Foam Party for Kinder, 1st & 2nd
- Herpetological Field Trip Truck on May 16th for Kinder & 1st
- Seven (7) Raised Garden Beds for the Kinder, 1st & SPED’s Pod
- Trees for Kinder, 1st & SPED’s Pod
- Sports Umbrellas for P.E.
- Accelerated Readers for 5th and 4th Grade Gifted
- Speech Therapy Materials
- Wish Lists Items from Lakeshore, Amazon, Really Good Stuff etc.
- And Lots of Classroom Rugs, Bean Bag Chairs, Desk Chairs, Vacuums, Wagons, Rolling Carts & Printers
Here are some of the ways your APT donations helped support our students, school, and educators during the past year.
- $13,000 – Classroom Funds ($500 Stipend Per Teacher)
- $12,500 – Literacy Support Funds ($1500 Per Grade)
- $6,200 - Specials (Art, Band, Chorus, Music, PE, Strings)
- $5,400 - Special Education
- $28,637 – Carnival
- $63,000 – Bobcat Bash
- $9,200 - Faculty Support (Principal, Nurse, Counselor, Maintenance, Teachers' Lounge)
- $7,012 – Teacher Appreciation & Hospitality Events
- $5,756 – Decade’s Dance
- $5,256 – Read-A-Thon
- $3,000 – 5th Grade Graduation
- $2,722 – APT Membership Contests
- $2,000 – Chaparral/Cochise Scholarship
- $1,774 - Classroom Memories (Kinder & 1st Grade)
- $1,732 – Parent Engagement Coffee Trucks/Events
- $1,500 – New Library Books
- $582 – Creative Arts Festival
- $371 – Field Day
- $353 – Angel Tree
- $305 – Veteran’s Day
- $291 – Young Author’s Day
- $9,110 – Bookfairs (Pass Thru Income/Scholastic Dollars Received)
- $15,397 – Spirit Wear (Cost of Goods)
- $13,554 – Yearbook (Cost of Goods)
- $2,540 – APT Business & Officer Insurance
- $2,215 – APT Dues & Admin Costs
- $4,710 - APT Printing, Office Supplies, Credit Card Processing
Per our Bylaws, we can carry over no more than $35,000 in unallocated/savings funds into the next school year. We continue to maintain this amount in savings.